This watch shape is affectionately named ‘Sumo’ by Seiko fans because of its size and shape and the 12 o’clock marker – it’s a substantially strong looking timepiece.
This latest design has been upgraded with new modern features, including a ceramic bezel and super hard coating on the case and bracelet for durability.
This watch features a silicone strap, while the dial features a fine pressed pattern dial.
The accordion-style silicone strap combines durability and comfort – a strap design invented by Seiko in 1975 as a practical solution to the expansion and contraction of a diver’s wrist at different depths.
The PADI timepiece collection is exclusive to Seiko, as the only global watch brand to design a range of professional diver’s watches in official colours featuring the PADI logo. PADI (The Professional Association of Diving Instructors) is the world’s leading scuba diving training organisation, unifying divers around the globe who share a passion for adventure and love for the ocean.
Prospex is a combination of the words ‘Professional’ and ‘Specifications.’ Seiko Prospex timepieces are designed to be practical, reliable and durable; to meet the high standards required in extreme environments for sports lovers and adventure seekers alike.
Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
- Caliber 6R35
- Driving system: Automatic with manual winding capacity
- Accuracy: +25 to -15 seconds per day
- Approx. 70 hours
- Case material: stainless steel (super hard coating)
- Thickness: 13.4 ㎜, Diameter: 45 ㎜, Length: 52.6 ㎜
- Sapphire crystal
- Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- LumiBrite on hands, index(es) and bezel
- Silicone strap
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Number of jewels: 24
- Screw-down crown
- Screw case back
- Water resistance: 200m / 660ft diver's
- Stop second hand function
- Date display
- SPECIAL EDITION on the case back