There are just 1,300 of these Limited Edition pieces available worldwide.
The design shape is inspired by Seiko’s 1965 Diver’s watch – Japan’s first ever Japanese 150m Diving watch, worn by members of the Japanese Antarctic Expedition from 1966 until 1969.
This watch combines the past and future – taking Seiko’s important heritage of diver’s watches with inspiration from underwater archaeology; whilst focusing on preserving cultural history for future generations, as part of the ‘Save the Ocean’ initiative.
This watch is powered by the in-house Automatic 8L35 calibre movement, designed specifically for diver’s watches with its accuracy and durability, manufactured and hand-finished in the Seiko Watch Corporation’s Shizukuishi Watch Studio.
Inspired by the ancient ‘Astrolabe’ – an instrument once used to show the positions of the sun and stars to measure latitude and time – the striking underwater blue cross-line design with lumibrite indices on the dial are complemented by the Zaratsu-polished rotating bezel, curved sapphire glass and a deep blue silicone strap.
Each watch is sold with a limited edition special box.
Prospex is a combination of the words ‘Professional’ and ‘Specifications’. These timepieces are designed to be practical, reliable and durable within extreme or everyday environments, for experts, sports lovers and adventure seekers alike.
Since launching Japan’s first diver’s watch in 1965, Seiko’s innovative watchmaking has changed global dive watch standards.
Seiko Prospex Save The Ocean 'Astrolabe' 1965 Diver's Modern Re-interpretation
Limited edition of 1,300 pieces. Exclusively available through Premium Dealer only.
- Caliber 8L35
- Automatic with manual winding
- Vibrations: 28,800 vibrations per hour (8 beats per second)
- Accuracy: +15 to -10 seconds per day
- Power reserve: 50 hours
- Number of jewels: 26
- Stainless steel (super hard coating)
- Dual-curved sapphire crystal
- Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- LumiBrite on hands, index(es) and bezel
- Silicone band
- Water resistant: 200m / 660ft diver's
- Magnetic resistant: 4,800 A/m
- Thickness: 13.1㎜, Diameter: 41.3㎜, Length: 47.6㎜
- LIMITED EDITION on the case back
- Screw case back
- Screw-down crown
- Serial number engraved on the case back
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Date display
- Stop second hand function
* In an actual product, the case back direction might be different from the photograph.